The Technique of Shared Dance from strength and softness (workshop Artyom Markov)
December 6 @ 18 h 00 min - December 8 @ 18 h 00 min
Snow falls. Each snowflake in its place. (Zen saying)
Artyom on his workshop
Contact Improvisation is a form of modern dance that allows two (or more) partners to conduct a spontaneous bodily dialogue on a non – verbal level. This workshop addresses anyone who wants to get acquainted with the technique of CI as well as those who want to boost technical skills and principles of working with a partner.
I use somatic settings to feel a better connection of the body-mind. From this heared place I invite you to explore the dance/technical skills of solo and contact dance.
To be in touch means to be alive and to be awakened to a more open and adequate response to external circumstances. Life is constantly changing and it is not possible to stay in the old place. Our nervous system and we develop ourselves in contact with the environment and what we can call different/others. I like to work with the body tone, with sense of expansion in the body and a readiness to react.
Topics the workshop will cover:
- The body as a whole, completed but open phenomenon. Various tasks on the theme of connectivity-integration. We consider the structures in the body working on this task: connective tissue, skin. Maybe clothes?
- Technically we will work with distributed load. How it makes easy the task for the person below? A bit about phisical clarity: How physically we ask for support, and do we really agree to accept support and go up? We will start practicing these skills from the floor and from the lowest levels.
- Creation a mobile structure for support on different levels. How not to get stuck in a supporting position below? How do not stop the movement in searched peak points.
- Invitation and leading are topics that we specialy will focus on.
- Extension-contraction and something in between. Tone, resource, grounding and support in the body.
- The body in three-dimensional space, multitasking and multidirectional motion.
- How to contain a large number of elections, to stay alive, to go through, to react, to conduct and follow, to listen, to understand, to be agree with misunderstanding.
Friday 18 to 21 hrs
Saturday & Sunday 11 to 18 hrs
Early bird if you bring a friend- 70 EUR (per person) until 15/11/2019
Early bird 90 EUR until 15/11/2019
Regular price 120 EUR
Check out the lovely videos:
All levels welcome
Questions & Registration- please contact Ruth (Kasper): +32 479665259 / firstname.lastname@example.org / FB messenger.
Translation to French possible if needed (ad-hoc)- please let Ruth know.